Re: st: xt iv regression: instrumented variables with different instruments

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: xt iv regression: instrumented variables with different instruments
Date   Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:05:05 +0000

See e.g. http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-08/msg00079.html

'You should disabuse yourself of the notion that "this is an
instrument for that"; as frequently mentioned on this list and in the
cited Stata FAQ, instrumental variables estimators do not work that
way. All of the Z variables are instruments for all of the included Y
variables.' [Kit Baum]

Nick