Re: st: RE: -sparkline- revised on SSC

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: -sparkline- revised on SSC
Date   Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:30:36 +0000

That is the syntax. You can use -sparkline with several variables, or
-sparkline with one variable and -over()-, but not both.

The -help- says:

   over() indicates a third variable (e.g. a panel identifier) to
subdivide data. This option
        may only be used when there is a single y variable.

    by() is the usual by_option provided for completeness. Typically
it is less useful than the
        over() option for producing sparklines, but it may be combined
with two or more y

So you could try -by()-  rather than -over()-.

If you have so many different diagnoses, you will have 8 times that
many sparklines. May or may not work well!