st: Re: use a Stata package like moremata via adopath?

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   Arie ten Cate <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: use a Stata package like moremata via adopath?
Date   Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:16:35 +0000

<>
Arie,

Your problem is not one of access to the routine, but in calling it. Mata functions must be called as functions, not like Stata commands. Remember, everything in Mata is a function (or a directive).

. mata:mm_collapse
                 <istmt>:  3499  mm_collapse not found
r(3499);

. mata:mm_collapse()
           mm_collapse():  3001  expected 3 to 14 arguments but received 0
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error
r(3001);

I have moremata installed, and can reproduce your error message. But if I call mm_collapse as a function, it clearly knows that it is available.

Generally, as long as you place materials on the adopath, they are accessible. My BC econometrics students use Stata on a Citrix server, and cannot install items on that server, but they can use -ssc install- to install items in one of their own directories, which is PLUS on their adopath.

Thanks
Kit

                                                                                                      http://www.crup.com.cn/Item/111779.aspx