Fwd: st: -args- how to flag when missing or too many arguments

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Fwd: st: -args- how to flag when missing or too many arguments
Date   Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:40:11 +0000

<>

"not being four arguments" is in the context that the previous test
ruled out "five or more" as a possibility.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Subject: Fwd: st: -args- how to flag when missing or too many arguments
To: [email protected]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
To: [email protected]

John: You should know that the Statalist FAQ advises against "does not
work" as an error report.

if "`chi'" == ""

is sufficient as a test of there not being four arguments. Whether
there are none, one, two, or three, it follows in each case that there
was no fourth argument.

Your code does not test that the arguments are integers (which you can
do in one line with -numlist-).

Nick