st: gllamm dropping variables

From   "Bontempo, Daniel E" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: gllamm dropping variables
Date   Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:02:11 +0000

I have some dummy codes for levels 2 and 3 of a 3-level group variable. With xtmixed, I can use, but with gllamm I have to make dummy codes.

The codes work fine when I run a linear model, but cause the variables to drop when I use link(logit)

This runs fine:
gllamm regPart ae le, i(number) adapt

This won't start:
gllamm regPart  ae le, i(number) adapt family(binomial) link(logit)
variables have been dropped, can't continue

I assume the variables are dropped for collinearity, but do notunderstand why.

BTW, using glm seems to have no problem:
glm regPart ae le, link(logit) family(binomial) cluster(number) eform

If I use a continuous IV with gllamm it will also run. Why are my dummy codes being dropped?