Re: st: Problem with estout and rename

From   Cory Smith <corybsmith@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Problem with estout and rename
Date   Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:15:22 -0400

Rebecca,

After playing around a little more, I realized I could use BOTH
rename() and varlabels() to achieve the desired effect. I can merge
the different variables to something common (with no spaces) with
rename() and then change the label to something else (with spaces)
using varlabels(). e.g.  rename(x "DifferentialTransfer" L.x
"DifferentialTransfer") varlables("DifferentialTransfer" "Differential
Transfer")

I'd be curious if there's a more elegant solution, but this will do
for now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cory