Re: st: Problem with estout and rename

From   Rebecca Pope <>
Subject   Re: st: Problem with estout and rename
Date   Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:23:10 -0500

Use the -varlables()- option instead.

** example **
version 11.2
sysuse auto, clear
qui regress price mpg
estimates store m1
qui regress price mpg foreign
estimates store m2
*local mpglbl: var label mpg
*estout m1 m2, varlabels(mpg "`mpglbl'")
estout m1 m2, varlabels(mpg "Milage (mpg)")
** end **

** output**

                               m1             m2
                                   b                b

Milage (mpg) -238.8943 -294.1955
foreign                             1767.292
_cons             11253.06  11905.42

The two commented lines starting with -local- can be using if your
variable is already labeled with the text you want to use.