Re: st: STATA command equivalent to SPSS "aggregate"?

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA command equivalent to SPSS "aggregate"?
Date   Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:55:57 -0500

Also, UCLA has a handy guide to SPSS/Stata equivalents:

If you are a SAS person, see

For OLS regression, I have more or less parallel discussions of SPSS and Stata at

I used to be all SPSS and now I am pretty much all Stata. A lot of old SPSS notes have been moved to optional appendices in my course notes. However, I am wondering whether I should keep SPSS around at all, because I can't count on old SPSS commands to always work the same as they used to. I have this old SPSS program that does some major data manipulations and the stupid thing is giving me errors now. Eventually I have to either figure out how SPSS syntax has changed or rewrite the program using Stata. Stata is much, much, much better about maintaining backward compatibility.