Re: st: bifactor rotation

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bifactor rotation
Date   Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:26:40 -0400

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Airey, David C
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In a class we learned about bifactor rotation in factor analysis. Seems like a good feature to add to Stata if it is not there.

Stata does target rotation with -rotate-. I'm not sufficiently up on
exploratory factor analysis with bifactor models to recall if that's
what you need but you can specify the relevant bifactor target
structure. (There are some subtleties to that I can't recall.)
-factor- could use a few features, though. For instance, standard
errors with ML or bootstrapping would be very nice.

Of course a lot can be done with -sem- now. To specify EFA, you need
to constrain the model appropriately and then can save the estimated
coefficients and rotate them, or specify the relevant bifactor model.

The bifactor has made quite the comeback.