Re: st: Please advise- Models using gllamm

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Please advise- Models using gllamm
Date   Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:32:58 -0400

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Lachenbruch, Peter
<> wrote:
> I was thinking more on the line of the accused in a murder trial of his parents asking for consideration of the fact that he was an orphan.

Yes, that's one way of putting it.

> This a hell of  a nerve.  It does not augur well for a future in academics.  As simply as i can put it, don't use tools you haven't studied.  Tell your advisor to either give you time to learn about gllamm or allow you to use other tools.>

Unfortunately I've seen it too many times myself.