Re: st: mi estimate with user written command

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: mi estimate with user written command
Date   Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:11:36 -0500

Have you looked at -help mi_technical##newcmd-, and the "[P] program
properties" section that is linked from there?

According to statalist FAQ, you should specify the source of the
third-party commands. As I expected, -findit traj- did not produce
anything, so nobody except the author of that software could help you.
If you've written -traj-, it is of course your responsibility to
figure out why it does not work in the expected way. If this is some
sort of trajectory modeling, it must be a driver for -xtmixed- or
-xtmelogit-, or something like that. May be if you can trace the
actual estimation command and supply it in the unwrapped syntax to -mi
estimate-, it could run that way.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer