st: Correlation between 2 variables overtime- accounting for repeated measures

From   megan rossi <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Correlation between 2 variables overtime- accounting for repeated measures
Date   Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:32:19 +1000

Hi All
Can you please recommend what syntax would be most appropriate for my below senario

40 participants with three repeated measures (baseline, year 1, year 2)- observational study ie. no intervention
At each of these three time points two continous variables (a) and (b) were measured. I want to know whether (a) and (b) are correlated. If I do a correlation at one time point ie. year 1 the correlation is not significant which I believe is due to the small numbers ie. 40. If I can find a method of accounting for the lack of dependence among these three time points ie. repeated measures I will effectively have 120 pieces of data, which should be sufficient to see a correlation if one really exists.
Cheers,

Megan Rossi APD
PhD Candidate School of Medicine, University of Queensland
Accredited Practicing Dietitian
Princess Alexandra Hospital Nutrition & Dietetic Department
m: 0402 931 441 | e: [email protected]

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." — Hippocrates (ca. 460 – 377 BC)

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.
Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.