st: RE thread: SEM with categorical variables

From   Laura Maria Schwirz <>
Subject   st: RE thread: SEM with categorical variables
Date   Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:21:36 +0000

I am referring to a previous thread (RE: sem with categorical
variables, September 2012) as I have similar problems. I tried using
Stas' code for polychoric to sem analysis but the local command
appears to be a problem. If I type

> local thevars hewsonstrong hewsonknowo hewsonint hewsoninspi hewsonmoral hewsoncom hewsondecent hewsondepend hewsonrel hewsonsens
> display `thevars'
> polychoric `thevars'
varlist required

It as actually empty so i can't proceed with the polychor command
Any thoughts/ideas of where I am going wrong?