Re: st: lincom command

From   Ari Samaranayaka <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: lincom command
Date   Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:54:57 +1300

Thank you Maarten for the comment. Your idea was my very first try, it was given up later for the difficulty of interpreting results. What you are saying is to treat A,B,C,D as 4 separate binary variables. Problem with that is overlap between those binary variables is high, therefore colinearity. For this reason estimated IRR for ethnicity A and B can be quite different eventhough overlap of people between ethnicities A and B are quite large. In that situation I am unable to interpret (understand) estimates.
Ari