st: Oblique Rotation returns no correlation between factors?

From   "I. Kuznetsov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Oblique Rotation returns no correlation between factors?
Date   12 Mar 2013 19:21:53 +0000

Dear Statalisters!

I doing some research using factor analysis (principle axis factoring) using categorical data. I have used polychoric correlations to correct for the categorical variables problem. But now when I try to rotate obliquely using "oblimin" and use "estat common" to find the correlation between factors, Stata returns that there is 0 correlation, which is very strange. I have tried different extraction methods and different rotation methods and yet I still find no correlation. Any suggestions?

Thanks you,
Ivan Kuznetsov
Economics Tripos
University of Cambridge