st: Is it possible to retrieve logit transformed confidence intervals as displayed by svy tabulate using estpost?

From   "McDermaid, Cameron" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Is it possible to retrieve logit transformed confidence intervals as displayed by svy tabulate using estpost?
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:58:57 +0000

Is there any way to retrieve the logit transformed confidence intervals as displayed by -svy: tabulate- when using estpost?

e.g.  -estpost svy: tabulate var1 var2, proportion cv ci obs col format(%11.0g)-

I can obtain most of the output I want using the following, however the confidence intervals are untransformed:
- estout using output.txt, cells("b se ci_l ci_u") unstack-

I'm also not able to extract the coefficient of variation but can calculate it easily enough using the standard error.  Transforming the confidence intervals manually seems impractical due to differences when compared to the values Stata calculates, perhaps due to the accumulation of rounding and the challenge of inputting the t critical value based on df.

This is a "nice to have" because I could use the untransformed ci's, it's just not ideal.  I've perused Statalist and the reference docs for estpost and estout but haven't come across a way to do this.

- cam

Cameron McDermaid MHSc
Epidemiologist
Ottawa Public Health
100 Constellation Crescent 26-50
Ottawa ON K2G 6J8
vox 613-580-6744x15321
fax 613-580-9601
You can’t fix by analysis what you bungled by design.
                                       - Light, Singer and Willett

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the
telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de
la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou
reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent
par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite.
Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer
sans délai la version originale de la communication ainsi que
toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.