st: Logistic Model optimization

From   Nikos Kakouros <>
Subject   st: Logistic Model optimization
Date   Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:08:40 -0500

Dear STATAsticians,

In this day and age of plentiful computing power I favor the idea of
model optimization by just testing (an appropriate subset of) all
possible models (viz. combinations of independent predictors).

I have used the leaps-and-bounds Furnical & Wilson technique as
implemented in the vselect STATA program by Charles Lindsey & Simon
Sheather for linear regression.

Is there anything similar for use in the optimization of logistic
regression models?

Many thanks,