Re: st: Determining mutual exclusivity for a series of dummy variables.

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: Determining mutual exclusivity for a series of dummy variables.
Date   Fri, 08 Mar 2013 13:40:13 -0500

assuming you have 20 variables each coded 0/1, use -egen- with the
rowtotal option to get sum per unit across the 20; you could also check
the min/max values of the variables (to see if any have codes other than
0/1) using rowmin/rowmax (or using -assert- as a different strategy