st: insheet and strings

From   Sonja Wehberg <Sonja.Wehberg@ouh.regionsyddanmark.dk>
Subject   st: insheet and strings
Date   Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:12:39 +0100

Hi!

I frequently use insheet. Unfortunately it sometimes converts string variables. Can I prevent that (without adding an alphanumeric suffix)?

Example (version 12):

input x str2 s
1 "04"
2 "10"
end
list
format s

outsheet using "test.csv", delim(";") replace
insheet using "test.csv", clear delim(";")
format s

Best regards
Sonja