Re: st: Question about interactions

From   K Jensen <>
Subject   Re: st: Question about interactions
Date   Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:03:10 +0000

Thanks for the replies I received on interactions. They were very
helpful and I think that I understand the model now.

Say we are looking at the interactions of two variables. A colleague
wondered why we don't just fit the possible group combinations as
indicator variables (i.e. 1-1 as a group (baseline), 1-2, 1-3, 1-4,
2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, etc) and get an OR (I am doing logisitic
regression) for each group combination except 1-1 .

What is the advantage of fitting the conventional model?