st: clustering and log likelihood.

From   Elin Vimefall <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: clustering and log likelihood.
Date   Thu, 7 Mar 2013 07:54:21 +0000

I'm running a probit model like:
probit enrol x1 x2 [pweight=weight], cluster(prov)

I understand why I should use the cluster option but I'm really struggling with understanding what's happening more formally.
I would like to write the log likelihood function. However; I do not understand how to incorporate the clusters.
Will the clusters influence the likelihood function?

I guess my question is stupid but I'm really struggling with this and would really appreciate any help I could get.

Best regards
/Elin Vimefall