st: Re: Lag variables

From   Alice Jones <>
Subject   st: Re: Lag variables
Date   Thu, 7 Mar 2013 02:33:34 +0000

Hello Nick,

Your suggestion worked. Thanks for your help.

Dear Statalisters,

I am analysing firm performance on a balanced panel over a period of 9
years. I create a variable SIZE which measures firm size in the first
year of the sample period and regress this against firm performance
over the 9 year period.

I run the following command to create the size variable:

gen SIZE = employment if year==1991

However, when I run the regression:

I get the error message, No observations.

Can someone please help me out with this?