st: Regression discontinuity with interrupted time series

From   Joshua Mitts <>
Subject   st: Regression discontinuity with interrupted time series
Date   Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:00:45 -0500

How can I combine regression discontinuity with interrupted time
series analysis in Stata?  I have repeated observations of an outcome
variable for ~180 units over time, an intervention at time t at a
cutoff value, and more repeated observations post-intervention.  With
ordinary RD, I can only measure the outcome individually at t+1, t+2,
etc.  It seems this is an active area of research[1], but I'm not sure
how to implement it in Stata.  Any suggestions would be greatly

Thank you,

Joshua Mitts
Yale Law School '13

[1] Somers, Maree-Andre, Pei Zhu, Robin Jacob, and Howard Bloom. 2009.
Combining Regression Discontinuity Analysis and Interrupted
Time-Series Analysis. Grant #R305D090009. Washington, DC: Institute of
Education Sciences, U. S. Department of Education.