Re: st: macro issue

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: macro issue
Date   Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:58:22 +0000

At a guess you are defining a -local- macro in one place and trying to
use it in another.

A local macro is only visible in the same place -- one might say
locale -- in which it is defined, meaning

the _same_ interactive session

the _same_ do-file

the _same_  block of commands in the do-file editor

the _same_ program.

The way to remember it is that that is what -local- means!

Note that -if- is not an option. You don't mention how you are using
-if-, but it is either a qualifier or a command.