Bookmark and Share

Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down on April 23, and its replacement, is already up and running.

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

st: From: tunmise jones <>

Subject   st: From: tunmise jones <>
Date   Wed, 6 Mar 2013 04:11:45 +0000

Hello All,

I am looking to measure the effect of foreign participation (FP) on
the employment growth of domestic firms using a balanced panel dataset
over a period of 9 years (1991-1999) .

FP is measured as the ratio of foreign employment to total employment
in a given industry. I generate the variable FP using the following

-bys ind year: egen F_EMP = total(employment) if Foreign ==1


The FP variable is only generated for foreign firms. How then can this
be manipulated so I can regress foreign participation against
employment growth of domestic firms only (Foreign=0)?

I'll appreciate all the help I can get.


Tunmise Jones
*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2016 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index