st: From: tunmise jones <>

Subject   st: From: tunmise jones <>
Date   Wed, 6 Mar 2013 04:11:45 +0000

Hello All,

I am looking to measure the effect of foreign participation (FP) on
the employment growth of domestic firms using a balanced panel dataset
over a period of 9 years (1991-1999) .

FP is measured as the ratio of foreign employment to total employment
in a given industry. I generate the variable FP using the following

-bys ind year: egen F_EMP = total(employment) if Foreign ==1

The FP variable is only generated for foreign firms. How then can this
be manipulated so I can regress foreign participation against
employment growth of domestic firms only (Foreign=0)?

I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

Tunmise Jones