Re: st: odds ratios and confidence intervals after mlogit with a dummy X

From   Jeremy Reynolds <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: odds ratios and confidence intervals after mlogit with a dummy X
Date   Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:48:32 -0500

Thank you very much, Maarten.  Your solution works beautifully.

If I want to get the odds ratio of foreign for values of price (rather
than the odds ratios of price for foreign cars), I think I can use the
code below.

mlogit rep78 c.price##i.foreign weight, rrr
lincom _b[4:1.foreign] + _b[4:1.foreign#c.price], rrr // OR of foreign
for 1 unit increase in price
     di 27.88998 *  1.788271 // same result as lincom 49.874842
lincom _b[4:1.foreign] + 2*_b[4:1.foreign#c.price], rrr // OR of
foreign for 2 unit increase in price
     di 27.88998 *  1.788271^2 // same result as lincom 89.189734

I'm not sure, however, how to replicate these results (primarily the
first one)  with mlogit.  Can you show me how to specify that model?

Thanks,

Jeremy