Re: st: How to output graphs coordinates into a file ?

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to output graphs coordinates into a file ?
Date   Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:08:34 +0100

In case of a histogram see -help twoway__histogram_gen- and
David A. Harrison (2005) Stata tip 20: Generating histogram bin
variables. The Stata Journal, 5(2): 280--281.
<http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=gr0014>

In case of a scatter plot the coordinates are just (a subset of) the
dataset currently in memory, so nothing special needs to be done
there.

A more general solution, but one that requires a more advanced
understanding of Stata, is to look at -help serset-.

-- Maarten

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Jean-François Morazzani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to save graphs' coordinates in text/csv format?
>
> Suppose I run Stata to "calculate" an histogram and I want to use the points coordinates in another program.
> So, I want to save the histogram points in csv or txt form.
>
> For example to fetch the density of var1:
> set graphic off
> histogram var1
> set graphic on
>
> I found a way to do it for the roc curves using the following command:
> roccurve var1 var2, genrocvars
> keep fpr1 tpr1
> outsheet using "$data_dir\roc_coordinates.csv", replace delimiter(";")
>
> Note that you will need to install the pcvsuite package from http://labs.fhcrc.org/pepe/stata.
>
> So, is there a better way or more precisely a Stata library that can catch graph coordinates' ?
> I wish to do it at least for histograms and scatterplots.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> JFM (newcomer to Stata's world)

Maarten L. Buis