st: Independent variable censoring

From   Nikos Kakouros <>
Subject   st: Independent variable censoring
Date   Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:48:14 -0500

Dear all,

This may be a silly question (I should prefix all my stata posts with
that) but what is the best way to handle a heavily left-censored
predictor (independent) variable in a linear regression model?

I am aware of Tobit modelling for censored dependent variables but
have not seen much about censored independents which I find very odd.
I saw mention of maximum likelihood  estimations but not sure how that
might apply.  The dependent variable in my case is nicely normal
(after transform) and not censored.

Many thanks,