Re: st: Save scalar in r() to be returned

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Save scalar in r() to be returned
Date   Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:39:58 +0100

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM, John Antonakis wrote:
> I have written a program and I would like to have Stata save and store a
> scalar (e.g., "hello") in r(); suppose the value of hello is .52.

Below is a silly example. The general documentation can be found by
typing in Stata -help return-

*------------------- begin example ------------------
clear all
program define helloworld, rclass // note: rclass
    // do other stuff
    return scalar hello = .52

return list

Hope this helps,