st: using the test command within group

From   Jordan Silberman <silberman.stata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: using the test command within group
Date   Sat, 2 Mar 2013 15:59:18 -0500

Hi Statalist,

I have a mixed-effects logistic model (xtmelogit) that includes a
group variable (grp = 1 or 2) and 2 predictors (x1 and x2). I'd like
to use the test command (or perhaps some other command) to test the
hypothesis that x1 and x2 are equally strong predictors of the
dependent variable for subjects in group 2 only. It would of course be
easy to do this with the test command if I wanted to test this
hypothesis for the full sample (test x1 = x2). But I can't find a way
to test this hypothesis for just one level of the group variable.
Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jordan