Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: network Stata

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: network Stata
Date   Fri, 1 Mar 2013 06:20:02 -0800

Not sure how similar this was, but while I was in grad school at Brown they used a virtual private network for Stata (not sure how many users were authorized for simultaneous use though).  The nice thing about the set up was that Stata was installed locally on your individual machine so there weren't any performance issues related to any network or any issues with downloading/installing/updating user written packages.  The "downside" was that everyone needed to download a program called KeyAccess and a VPN client, which was used to connect to the Brown network remotely.  I know absolutely nothing about how that all worked from the systems side of things, but as an end user I thought it was pretty awesome/convenient; also, if you were on campus and connected to the network there was no need to connect via the VPN which was also pretty convenient.

HTH,
Billy

Sent from my iPhone