Re: st: repeated measures

From   Harrison Alter <>
Subject   Re: st: repeated measures
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:48:36 -0800

Thank you Dave --

sorry to be so obtuse. the design is a prospective cohort of healthy volunteers.

the test is a unrinalysis, on which is re reported five relevant
indices: nitrates, leukesterase, WBCs, epithelial cells and bacteria

we collect these twice, by different methods, 1 and 2, from each subject

The outcome variable is whether the sample grew a out bacterial
evidence that the collection was "contaminated"

So, in wide form, I have:

subjid nit1 leuk1 W1 epi1 bac1 contam1 nit2 leuk2 W2 bac2 contam2

in long form I have a "collect" variable, 1 or 2, and then nit, leuk,
W, epi, bac and contam

I want to analyse all 80 specimens for the odds that a given index
result will predict contamination, accounting for repeated measures on
both the predictors and the outcome of "contaminated"

I hope this clears it up!

Thanks for you help,