st: Observations included in stratified Cox proportional hazards model

From   "Davis, Paul" <pdavis@bus.wisc.edu>
Subject   st: Observations included in stratified Cox proportional hazards model
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:25:02 +0000

Hello Stata users,

I have panel data in which persons are at risk for repeated events. To model hazard, I've chosen to use the Cox model, stratified by person. Using the strata command, my sample should be lower than it is with an unstratified model as the analysis drops certain individuals. However, I've noticed that Stata reports the same number observations and subjects when using the stratified and unstratified models. Is there a command to isolate only those observations that are used (or, alternatively, those that were dropped)? Using "e(sample)==1" gives the same result as that which is reported in the output tables.

Thank you for any help,
Paul