Re: st: inserting new observations between two consecutive observations

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: inserting new observations between two consecutive observations
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:53:20 +0000

Not so. Find out about -fillin-. You just need to add the new values
of -year- once each and -fillin- will do the result.

Also, Rich is right and speaks from much experience: the idea that the
observations must be added in the middle is a distraction here. In
Stata it is easiest to add observations at the end and then -sort-.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM, James Bernard <> wrote:

> Well, the panel is to long and there are a few other variables. I
> would need to type every firm name again

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Richard Goldstein