Re: st: reliability with -icc- and -estat icc-

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: reliability with -icc- and -estat icc-
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:29:25 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> No one seems interested in this suggestion.

To the contrary, I was thinking a lot about the problem but didn't
have anything coherent to say.

 But it is well to know
> what patterns do or do not exist before you start quantifying them.

It's essential!

> This is just to underline that repeating the graphs with ranks
> underlines how much information is thereby discarded and that while
> such graphs may not work well with many more raters and/or scores,
> they do work well here.

The trick with many more raters or scores isn't to abandon graphing,
but to choose a good projection to highlight features of interest.
Many areas, such as agreement modeling or reliability measurement, are
not viewed as model fitting or building enterprises. This needs to