r-class and e-class programs [was: Re: st: Amelia object as data.frame]

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   r-class and e-class programs [was: Re: st: Amelia object as data.frame]
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:43:06 +0000

I've changed the name of this thread so that no-one is distracted by a
previous digression to an R question.

If you have done no programming this detail can't be covered by a few
suggestions. You have to read the appropriate sections of [U].

There is a more fundamental question which should be easier to answer.
-mi- refused to play because it found no e(b) and no e(V). So, the
issue is not how to convert an r-class program to an e-class program,
but whether that even makes sense here. That is, can you recast this
procedure as producing a vector of coefficient estimates and a
variance-covariance matrix? My very wild guess is that you can't; if
so the road ahead is well and truly blocked. I'd be happy to be wrong
here, but that's what you need to answer.

Nick