Re: st: Reshape issue

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Reshape issue
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:28:49 +0000

You can always supply arbitrary identifiers by

bysort firm : gen newid = _n

and then use -i(firm newid)- in the -reshape- call.

You just have to remember that they are arbitrary.

I can't see where -duplicates drop- would come in here. You don't have
duplicates and even if you did they would be extra information.

Nick