st: Another question regarding string variables

From   Michael Stewart <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Another question regarding string variables
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:54:46 -0500

I  am sorry to keep bothering you regarding string variables
I am trying to find if there is a function to split a  string "Howard
James R" --> "Howard"  & ("James R")
If I use Split, I would get Howard, James and R which is not what I want
I want to split the string after the first word  into two string
variables  first variable containing first word and second variable
containing rest of the string

Thank you ,
Yours Sincerely,