Re: st: reliability with -icc- and -estat icc-

From   Lenny Lesser <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: reliability with -icc- and -estat icc-
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:31:20 -0800

Yes. I want to know how consistent the raters are in their scoring
and/or ranking.
The Applications are Fixed Effects.  The raters are Random Effects.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a colleague who works in SAS and did proc corr alpha.  I'm not
sure if that is the correct way to do it, and I'm not sure that method
is possible in STATA.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM, JVerkuilen (Gmail)
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Just to be clear, you'd like to know the reliability (ICC) of the
> raters using the Applications as fixed effects? So basically you have
> four observations per application, but want to know about how
> consistent the raters are? I'm just trying to make sure I can
> replicate the problem, because when I tried to fit one model I got one
> answer and another blew up.
>
> I ask because I'm writing a paper on ICC estimation and have been
> considering problems very similar to the one you have here.
>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>> A scatter plot matrix is instructive.
>>
>> Warning: destroys your data.
>>
>> reshape wide Score rank , i(Application) j(Rator)
>> graph matrix Score?
>>
>> #4 really is oddball.
>>
>> Another interesting plot is
>>
>> parplot Score?, tr(raw)
>>
>> where -parplot- must be installed from SSC first.
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Lenny Lesser <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi Rebecca,
>>> Thank you for your help.  As a clarification:
>>> We used scores originally, but Rater 4's scores were all very low.
>>> Thus, when we ranked them, there were a lot of ties.  As seen below, 8
>>> of the 11 apps got a rank of "2" by rater.
>>> Lenny
>>>
>>> Application Rator Score rank
>>> 5 1 2 1
>>> 7 1 5 2