st: passing argument(s) to Mata constructors

From   Phil Schumm <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: passing argument(s) to Mata constructors
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:37:17 -0600

I'd like to pass arguments to a constructor (i.e., new() method) in Mata, but can't seem to figure out how.  Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how to do it?  I looked through the official code distributed with Stata, the documentation, and the Statalist archives, but couldn't seem to find anything on this issue -- if I missed it, a pointer to the relevant code/literature/post(s) would be much appreciated.

-- Phil