st: moptimize uncommon error

From   Carlotta Schuster <>
Subject   st: moptimize uncommon error
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:47:25 +0100

Dear all,

I am working on a maximum likelihood estimation problem and I have come
across the following error:

. ml maximize, iterate(0) technique (bhhh) nonrtolerance

moptimize() is trying to hold too many columns of Xb

I cannot find anything in the stata manual or the web about this error.
I am estimating 22 parameters. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? (I
can provide all my code if this helps in clarifying anything).

Thank you very much.