RE: st: North arrow in spmap

From   Neophytos Stylianou <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: North arrow in spmap
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:09:37 +0000

The package is called spmap which is used to visualise spatial data and was written by Maurizio Pisati.

The exact command I am using is:

spmap y2011 using en10coord, id(en10id) fcolor(Blues) clnumber(8) arrow(data(arrow) select(1) direction(2)) scalebar(u(2000) s(0.01))

and the output:

Problem with option arrow(): file arrow specified in suboption data() is not a valid arrow dataset
r(198);

these is all I got!

The dataet for the arrow db is exactly what the help file describes as arrow dataset.

             _ID   _X1       _Y1       _X2    _Y2   byvar_ar
               1        11        30        18        30          1
               2        15        40        15        45          1
               3        15        40        25        40          1
               4        20        35        28        45          2
               5        17        20        20        11          2

I can manage without an arrow but if it is possible I would like to have it.

Could it be that the coordinates in the dataset do not match the coordinates of my map or something similar?

Thanks,
Neo