RE: st: When is 'no trimming' performed using metatrim

From   Setor Kunutsor <skk31@medschl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: When is 'no trimming' performed using metatrim
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:17:10 +0000

Can you be a bit specific as I am not sure what you refer to. This is the first time am using statalist

-Setor

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis
Sent: 26 February 2013 14:02
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: When is 'no trimming' performed using metatrim

That is not sufficient information. See the Statalist FAQ for several examples of what is needed.

We don't do this because we are mean (we may or may not be but that is for others to deside) but because there are often multiple version of user written software floating around in cyberspace and it helps if we are talking about the same program. You have given us the author, but that typically remains constant over versions, so that does not help us resolve this issue.

-- Maarten

--
Maarten L. Buis

http://www.maartenbuis.nl