st: assigning the value of a function to a amcro

From   James Bernard <jamesstatalist@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: assigning the value of a function to a amcro
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:19:17 +0800

Dear stat-listers,

I am trying to use the max()function and assign the outcome of the
this to a a macro. But it seems impossible, no matter how I write it.
I recall that, in general, macros can receive value of a function, but
it just doesn't work in this case.

Any idea?

Thanks,
James