Re: st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??

From   Hsien-Yuan Hsu <hsuhy0914@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 22:47:55 +0800

Dear Dr. Cox,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
When I use commend "regress", I assume OLS regression is conducted.
Why does STATA report "e(ll) log likelihood under additional
assumption of i.i.d.  normal errors."? Does STATA automatically
estimate parameter by using ML?

Best,
Mark