Re: st: Converting monthly values to quarterly averages

From   Ryan Stevens <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Converting monthly values to quarterly averages
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:34:21 -0500

Anusha,

More information would be needed regarding what format your months are
in, but assuming that you've changed Jan-Dec to 1-12, you could use
the following:

gen quarter = .
replace quarter = 1 if inrange(month,1,3)
replace quarter = 2 if inrange(month,4,6)
replace quarter = 3 if inrange(month,7,9)
replace quarter = 4 if inrange(month,10,12)
collapse (mean) wpivalue, by(Industry year quarter)

If there are other things in your dataset you are looking to keep,
you'll have to merge the result of this collapse back to them.

Ryan