st: adjusting variables in metanalysis

From   Vasan Kandaswamy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: adjusting variables in metanalysis
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:07:46 +0000

Dear all,
I have more of a  statistical question and any help would be very useful.
In the meta-analysis that I am currently working on, I am investigating the effect of a genetic variant with diabetes risk. We have used abstracted data from published studies and do not have access to raw data sets. Therefore, I have the OR (95%CI) for disease risk for 10 studies. Now I would like to adjust the already calculated OR for a variable such as BMI ( individual mean BMI is available for all studies).
Is there a possibility to do this.
I hope I have made my question clear.
Suggestions would be of great help.