st: Re: st: Jackknife standard e​rrors using replicat​e weights in Stata 1​2.1​

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: st: Jackknife standard e​rrors using replicat​e weights in Stata 1​2.1​
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:11:25 -0800

Hi Annelies,

I think we would need to see more information regarding the differences between the output.  I did some work with a national education dataset here in the US and was able to replicate the results that ED published from AM (designed by American Institutes for Research for working with NAEP data), WesVar, and SUDAAN.  The documentation wasn't the clearest to me at the time, but I was able to get identical results (down to the thousandths/ten-thousandths).  Did the sampling design involve multistage sampling?  Are the probability weights that you specified correct for your analytical purposes (e.g., they wouldn't be the school probability weights if you're trying to estimate individual level relationships).

The data set I worked with had jackknife replicate weights and also had probability weights that were intended when using Taylor series SE.

HTH,
Billy