st: Ologit mfx question

From   俊利,俞 Junli-Yu <>
Subject   st: Ologit mfx question
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:40:15 +0800

Junli,Jerry Yu

•Department of Finance
Institute of Economics and Finance
CUHK Business School
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Room 1157, 11/F, Cheng Yu Tung Building
Shatin, N. T., Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 9578-4925

•Ph.D candidate
Department of Accounting
Research Institute of Accounting and Finance
School of Business,Nanjing University
22 Hankou Road, Nanjing,210093, P.R.China

•Assistant Research Fellow
Institute of Accounting Research
Shanghai Lixin University of Commerce
307,Changle Building
2800 Wenxiang Road,Shanghai,201620, P.R.China

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: junli_gmail <>
Date: 2013/2/19
Subject: Ologit mfx question

Dear Statalister,

    The dependent var is Order value(0-1-2-3) ,and my key independent var is
dummy var(0-1). I regress my dataset by ologit that shows the coeffience is
positive significant relation, but by mfx shows the margin effect is
negative significant relation.

Whether it is wrong use mfx command. Because I recode my dependent var that
change to dummy variable (0-1),both the coeffience and margin effect are
same relation.