Re: st: comparing equality of coefficients from two subsamples

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: comparing equality of coefficients from two subsamples
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:31:58 -0500

As someone else indicated, your syntax is odd.

The main question I have is whether you want to allow for different
group residual variances. If not, interaction. If so, then I guess the
easiest approach would be -suest-.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Mario Jose <> wrote:
> Dear Statalisters,
> I have tryed to solve the question below, searching for help in the
> Stata Archiv without too much success...
> I have estimated a fixed effects linear regression for two different
> groups on my sample (say, sex male/female), using this strategy:
> xtreg dv iv, if sex==male
> xtreg dv iv, if sex==female
> I am interested in testing whether or not the coefficient b1 is
> identical to each other in the two subsamples.
> I would really appreciate any help.
> Regards
> MJ
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

JVVerkuilen, PhD

"Everybody loves progress but nobody likes change." ---Fortune cookie, 1/13/13.